Review: NYX Blotting Powder




During Ulta's most recent 40% off sale, I picked up the NYX Blotting Powder in the shade "Light". This powder retails for $11.99 (0.29 oz) on the NYX Website, and in-stores and online at Ulta.


Let's get in to the review!








The shade I picked up, "Light" is the lightest of the four shades available. Best suited for those of us with very fair to light skin tones. It has very sheer coverage, perfect for just mattifying the skin without looking heavy. While the powder color is very fair, the color comes across almost transparent on the skin.



Light
Blotting Powder

NYX



The texture is very good, not too powdery or chalky. I find that when I take a brush to it, it doesn't kick up a lot of excess powder, which is crucial for me, I hate when powders are too messy.


Now, for the oil control. I find this actually does help control shine for about 5 hours before I need to touch up and remove any excess shine. I can easy remove the shine and add this powder on top of my makeup again and not have it look cakey or settle into my fine lines.



This is great if you have normal to oily skin, if you have dry skin it may emphasize dry patches on your skin.


The packaging is a very nice sleek but sturdy black plastic compact with a sponge, which I will most likely not use and come with 8.2 grams of product, so a fairly good amount.






Overall.

This powder doesn't make me break out, so if you have sensitive skin, give this a try! If you're looking for a powder to cover up acne marks or wear alone as a foundation, this isn't the one for you. But for setting your makeup and controlling shine throughout the day, it's perfect! Plus, it's paraben-free!


NEED IT!
4.5/5





Comments