REVIEW | 100% Pure Maracuja Oil Mascara


100% Pure Maracuja Oil Mascara


I decided to give the 100% Pure Maracuja Oil Mascara a shot when I spotted the booth at a recent vegan festival. The mascara retails for $26 (0.35 oz) and is available on the 100% Pure Website


100% Pure is 100% free of artificial colors, artificial fragrances, synthetic chemical preservatives and all other toxins. The mascara is Cruelty-Free and vegan. 


Let's get started!




     100% Pure Claims     


Maracuja oil from passion fruit makes for a luscious, lash volumizing mascara formula that won’t clump or flake. Infused with lash conditioning vitamins and deeply pigmented by tea, cocoa, and coffee beans -- not synthetic dyes. Fitted with a tapered oval tip for creating dramatic volume and coating each lash in healthy conditioners and stunning natural pigment.




     Packaging     


The mascara is packaged in a silver plastic tube. The wand itself is fairly long and the plastic bristles are fat but evenly spaced around the wand with a slight taper on the end.


The mascara bristles are fairly large in size, so for someone like me who has small hooded eyes, this was actually a little difficult to use. The mascara would constantly touch my eyelids during application and I found it difficult to reach my inner and outer eyelashes.


I have had no problems with the packaging leaking or breaking after several weeks of use.




     Product     



The Maracuja Oil Mascara is available in 3 shades; Black Tea (black), Dark Chocolate (deep brown), and Blackberry (deep purple). There is no waterproof option.


I picked up the shade "Black Tea". 


The first thing I noticed about my mascara was that it was bent on the end, I think it was just a product defect as other Maracuja Oil Mascaras don't have that. There is no bend and they're straight.


The mascara also has a sweet fruity scent to it. The smell does dissipate after application and I do not notice the smell once I've applied the mascara to my lashes.




     Performance     



100% Pure claims this mascara will provide voluminous looking lashes without the clumps or flaking.


The mascara requires two layers to see real volume. I have short and thin lashes, so I need all the thickness and volume I can get! Compared to other volumizing mascaras, this mascara provided an adequate amount of volume while separating my lashes without clumping or flaking. 


I noticed that compared to the Lily Lolo Natural Mascara, this didn't leave my lashes looking thick and full. The appearance was less dramatic than the Lily Lolo and the Pacifica Dream Big Mascaras. 


After 7 to 8 hours, I did notice the mascara had smudged to my under eye area. Nothing major, but it did require touchups if I needed to wear my makeup longer than 8 hours.


I wasn't impressed with how this mascara appeared on my eyelashes. It provided ok volume, ok length, and ok longevity. While this mascara is able to hold a curl well throughout the day this mascara just did not WOW me.



Top: No Mascara, Bottom: 2 Coats of Maracuja Oil Mascara



2 Coats 100% Pure Maracuja Oil Mascara





     Ingredients     


Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Coconut Stearic Acid, Pantothenic Acid (Pro-vitamin B5), Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed) Powder Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Passiflora Alata (Maracuja) Seed Oil, Extracts of Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Juice) Leaf*, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Powder, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Powder, Coffea Arabica (Coffee Beans) Seed, Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) Leaf, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal), Passiflora Alata (Maracuja) Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Vegetable Glycerin, May Contain Iron Oxides * Certified Organic





     Overall     


The Maracuja Oil Mascara is an average mascara. It provides adequate length, but very little volume and definition. I have short and thin looking lashes, so I wanted something to add volume and thickness...well as you can see, my lashes did not appear much thicker or voluminous after a couple coats of this mascara. To top it off, the mascara does smudge throughout the day and it is not waterproof, but did surprisingly hold a curl well.





LEAVE IT | ★★★☆☆





Comments

Laghari Bedi said…
Thanks for sharing this informative information about Passion Flower Extract Powder with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!